By Giulia Petroni 
 

RWE AG said Friday that it has acquired a further 20% stake from E.ON SE in British offshore wind farm Rampion, reaching majority ownership of the 400-megawatt farm.

The German energy player said it now holds a 50.1% stake in the farm, with the remaining 49.9% held by a Macquarie-led consortium and Canadian energy company Enbridge Inc.

RWE didn't disclose the stake purchase price, which has been agreed on confidentially, it said.

The transaction is expected to close in the first half of the year.

 

Write to Giulia Petroni at giulia.petroni@wsj.com

 

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

March 12, 2021 06:30 ET (11:30 GMT)

Copyright (c) 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.