SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 17, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- With
the perfect holiday gifts more out of reach than ever, eBay is
hooking up shoppers with the season's most sought after items
through its Hard to Find Gift Shops. The new storefronts will pop
up in select locations across the country - Detroit, Miami and Houston - beginning on November 19.
The Hard to Find Gift Shops will be just that - hard to find.
Open to the most resourceful customers, a helpful location hint
will be shared on eBay's social channels the day before the shop
launches, with the final location being revealed 24 hours
"This holiday season will put even the most serious shoppers to
the test, but eBay was made for moments like this," said
Jordan Sweetnam, SVP and General
Manager, eBay North America. "We
created the Hard to Find Shops to bring our unmatched selection to
life - from the rare and coveted to the sold-out-everywhere-else.
The experience mirrors the impossibility shoppers are facing this
year - and reminds them that eBay has something for everyone on
Each shop will focus on one hot holiday category and will be
brimming with gifts for enthusiasts:
- The Hard to Find Sneaker Shop | Detroit, November 19 -
Sneaker collector and seller Jaysse Lopez, Urban
Necessities, brings his diverse collection of today's top
styles to the shop. The event will also feature a rare display of
all 50 pairs of the Off-White x Nike Dunk
- The Hard to Find Collectibles Shop | Houston, December 3 -
In partnership with top eBay sellers, including two from
Houston, the shop will be stacked
with high value trading cards, collectibles and memorabilia.
- The Hard to Find Luxury Shop | Miami, December 10 -
Find iconic Hermès Birkin and Kelly bags, Gucci's Psychedelic and
Floral Collections, and rare timepieces from Richard Mille, Audemar Piguet, Rolex and
Shoppers outside of these three cities are not out of luck, and
can score the same inventory at ebay.com/hardtofindshop.
This season, in particular, shopping early doesn't guarantee
finding everything on one's gift list. A recent study found that 70
percent of millennial and Gen Z adults who have started their
holiday shopping have reported that a product they wanted to
purchase in a store was out of stock. One-third of those shoppers
say this has happened multiple times as they've begun their holiday
For more of the season's hard to find gifts in these top
categories, visit ebay.com and follow @eBay on social media.
By the Numbers
- eBay's sneakers business in the US continues to grow at healthy
double digit rates.
- 15 pairs of sneakers are purchased every minute. That's one
pair every 4 seconds.
- The top 3 most popular sneaker brands on eBay in 2021 are Nike,
Adidas and Yeezy (based on number of items sold).
- An average buyer who purchased a $100 pair of sneakers spent $500 in sneakers and $2,000 in other categories.
- Luxury watches on eBay continue to grow at double digit
- The average luxury watch buyer who purchased a $2,000+ watch
spent over $9,000 in watches and
$8,000 on more than 50 items in other
- The most expensive luxury watch sale on eBay in 2021 was a
Patek Phillipe Grand Complications Nautilus which sold for
- Top 3 most popular watch brands on eBay in 2021 are Rolex,
Omega, & Gucci (based on number of items sold)
- Since launching Authenticity Guarantee for luxury handbags in
June, growth has significantly accelerated.
- The average handbags buyer who purchased a $500+ handbag spent
over $2,000 in handbags and over
$5,000 in other categories
- Purchases of luxury handbags from top designers and brands like
Dior, Chanel, Gucci and Prada are up 4% year over year.
- The most expensive handbag sale on eBay in 2021 was an Hermes
Ostrich Birkin in Beige which sold for more than 60,000 USD.
Trading Cards & Collectibles:
- eBay's Trading Cards category is growing significantly faster
than the total marketplace.
- In the first half of 2021, Trading Cards hit $2 billion in transactions - equal to all of 2020
and a 175% increase year over year.
- In 2020 in the US, a sports trading card is purchased every
- There are an average of over 318 collectibles listed per minute
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader that
connects millions of buyers and sellers in more than 190 markets
around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for
individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all
sizes. Founded in 1995 in San Jose,
California, eBay is one of the world's largest and most
vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique
selection. In 2020, eBay enabled over $85
billion of gross merchandise volume. For more information
about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit
1 "Early Bird Holiday Shoppers
Are Already Reporting Supply Chain Challenges," Morning Consult,
View original content to download
SOURCE eBay Inc.